Faced with a declining rental market and the looming threat of digital distribution, Blockbuster Canada needed to dramatically improve their website experience and online marketing efforts.
A comprehensive website audit and competitive review identified:
- Significant gaps between the Blockbuster website and industry best practices
- An infrastructure that was not scalable, or robust enough for broadband distribution
- An email marketing system lacking in CRM integration and market intelligence
Consolidating Blockbuster’s multiple interactive vendors (agency, email marketing, website hosting) to a single agency-of-record relationship addressed Blockbuster’s immediate challenges, providing them with the foundation for future success.
Significant cost-savings were realized internally along with a reduction in fees paid to external vendors.
- Savings in email marketing deployment + management
- Reduced website hosting fees
- Increased speed-to-market for website promotions + email blasts